Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Packing & guests

Emptying out the apartment has had some advantages.  The other night John and I played our first round of indoor football.  I learned several things:
  1. If there is a door frame then I'm going to hit it.  
  2. John has the ability to injure his foot while standing still.
  3. Partially inflated footballs still hurt.
  4. If you have no objects you care about, it doesn't matter if you break anything.
Recently Amber, a friend from Boulder who is moving to Louisville, and her dad have been staying with us while she has been apartment hunting.  It has been nice to have company here and take our mind off all the packing, sorting, etc.  She is doing almost the opposite of what we are doing.  She packed up all her stuff in a U-Haul and drove to Louisville in search of a place to live while we are getting rid of everything and leaving Louisville with no desire for a place to live.  I am kind of bummed about the timing though because we are only overlapping time here for about 1.5 weeks and I would have really enjoyed hanging out more and showing her around.  I guess I'll just have to visit.  :-)

I am finally coming to my final day at work today as Chelsea is back and everything seems okay with her and the baby.  That's a relief!  It's going to be odd packing up my desk.  The reality of everything is likely to finally hit me.  Changes are here.

4 comments:

  1. It was a great lunch today. With the busy schedule we were glad you guys could make sometime for us.

    The Blog looks really good. You have a follower now. Keep it updated. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto the above comment. I, too, will be following your adventures through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your choice of background is soooo appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! We are hoping to keep it updated and really excited about being able to share the upcoming adventures.

    ReplyDelete