Saturday, January 15, 2011

Changes

It has now been 2 weeks without either cat.  Specs has gone to live with our friend Jason who has another cat, Mocha.  We visited them last week and they seem to be slowly getting used to each other.  Specs is such a chill kitty that he seems completely at home there although Mocha is still a bit stressed.  Hopefully in time they will become friends.

Our Christmas photo with the cats...they loved it!

Work is also winding down as both John & I are both done at the end of this month...2 more weeks.  It's an odd  feeling to know that in just a few weeks we will be homeless (as of Feb 14) and traveling.  Our plans to visit family, camp, travel and just explore life are starting to feel like reality rather than just a theoretical idea.  I know I have lived off of very little money before and we really shouldn't have a problem doing it again.  It is odd and liberating to be embarking on this kind of journey after being so extremely secure in life that we haven't had to worry about finances for so long.  If for some reason we are unable to get in the Peace Corps, I know that we will be able to start over in a new direction that will hopefully be bringing us to where we want to be in life.  Work has always partly defined who I am and I hope in the future who I am will define my work instead.

As the time is nearing that we will no longer be in Louisville I am realizing who and what is most important to me as I will dearly miss my family and my friends.  I fear that some connections will slowly dwindle as well as that I will miss some of the important moments in people's lives.  I especially worry that any of this will have a negative impact on Rowan and that I will miss some of the big stuff in his childhood.  Living close to him I have been lucky enough to really know him and be able to share so much of his life.  I am excited about the future and do not want to lose the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment