Tuesday, September 13, 2011

On we go

It's 2:30 in the morning and I am not asleep again. In a couple hours John and I will be catching our plane to Philadelphia, on the 14th catching a bus to NY (JFK), then heading off to Botswana. I am a mixture of excited, sad to leave family and friends, and a bit nervous. I am also wondering how long it will be before I can sleep through the night again. John was blessed with the gift of sleeping anywhere and at anytime while I was given the ability to feel completely awake in the middle of the night for absolutely no reason. Hopefully I will put this extra time to work in Botswana with reading, writing and drawing. I imagine this will be the perfect time to catch up on letters to friends as well.

The last 10 days have been amazing with going away parties for friends and family and spending as much time with people as possible. Thank you everyone for reminding me what amazing people I am surrounded by. I will miss you all!

The next few months are going to be a whirlwind of meeting people and cramming as much information into my brain as possible. I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment