Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Camp Heart to Heart

John and I just returned to Louisville Friday evening after spending the week as camp counselors for Camp Heart to Heart. For confidentiality purposes we will not be posting any pictures or specifics about the kids. This week was one of the most amazing and fulfilling weeks I have ever had. It took a little time to think of myself as "Ms. Tracy" and John as "Mr. John".

Although I am not used to working with girls, I quickly bonded with the girls in my cabin and several of the other kids and counselors/support staff. During the closing ceremony I almost teared up at the thought of not seeing these kids for the next few years. I can understand how counselors come back year after year. I am glad I had this experience and hope to return to camp after we finish our Peace Corps time.

If any of my kids run across this post I hope they know how much they meant to me, how special they really are, and how bright of a future they have!

Thank you for a wonderful week!
Ms. Tracy
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment